The end of 2014 inspires a quick note about the lessons learned from throughout this past year.
It has personally been a wonderful journey of education, enlightenment and repetition.
One strong thought that always comes to mind, “One will repeat the lesson until the lesson is learned.” We all strive to prevent repeating the same mistakes over and over, yet somehow we will repeat the process until we truly get it. Sometimes we seem to handle things just right the first time, while other situations tend to keep repeating themselves in someway throughout our lives. This repetition of the same lesson, varying just slightly each time in a different light, is being presented to help us grow. To teach us a new way to react. To create a perceived failure in which we are actually learning a small piece from each time. It is up to us to recognize the lesson. To stay faithful in determination, empowerment and love, in order to create a new outcome. To learn the moral of the story and become better than we were the day before.
Lessons Learned and Revisited for Me this Year:
1. Claim who you want to be, Believe It and Go Be It! Don’t let any other human deter you from fulfilling your calling. People will have doubt, but what’s laid on your heart can come to life in an instant if you stay faithful and focused. You were born with the internal power to be whomever you wish as long as you are able to stay faithful in knowing this TRUTH!
2. You have to be first! Your family has to be first! You can not help others if you can not help yourself. One may feel resentment that they have given to others to the extent that they have forgotten about themselves and those who need them the most. But we can’t feel resentment. It is we who have made the unintentional choice to put self or family last. Sometimes you don’t even realize it’s happening until it’s gone on too long. The goal is to not dwell in the mistake, but to take action right NOW. To hold on to the ones that are there for you in this moment. Stop chasing those who make you prove your worth and take that time to prove your worth to yourself. Do something for you. Do something for GOD. Do something for anyone in your life right now who has never doubted you, never left your side for a simple misunderstanding or silly assumption. The ones who have been the simple, quiet supporters all along.
Kiss them, appreciate them and GIVE TO THEM!
3. You will get back what you GIVE! It may not come from where you expect, but you will receive back, in direct proportion to what you give. Whether it’s in the form of physical or financial support, a great idea, a good connection or phenomenal health, you will get back what you deserve. Stay faithful. Walk a consistent walk that mimics the life and the values you want to surround you. Never make choices out of desperation, fear or doubt. It will pay off!
4. Continue to take faithful RISKS! If something is laid upon your heart to do, but it looks absolutely impossible, just take the steps that are within your control right now. If your decisions and risks are taken with good intention, and they are designed to benefit all involved, chances are you will be very successful in achieving the goal you set out to.
5. Relationships = Results! A special person in our life this past year, made the comment, “I value results over relationships.” Meaning if someone can get me a better outcome, I move on to the person whom delivers better results. At first that made sense to me, but then as I looked over my life and the rewards I have received mentally, spiritually and financially, they have all come from investing into the relationship first. The results came secondary to the relationship. Sometimes we want the bigger, better things or we want to rush the result, never realizing we actually left the lasting reward in the dust to move on to the perceived better outcome. Although in some circumstances, instant results may be more important than relationships, in most cases, the solid, faithful, relationship will deliver a lasting return far greater than the instant.
6. Don’t be sold off status. This is a lesson I have known for quite some time, but always love the reminders. I admire many, but I am a groupie of none. My value is not determined by who I know, it is by who I choose to be. We are all just temporary specks of light during this journey called life and you do not need anyone to love you more than you! If you know that you are as valuable as those who are perceived as being known, you will depend on no external force to realize your GREATNESS!
7. Don’t miss the Gem in the rough, seeking the Diamonds in the sky! Sometimes we over look very important people in our life, because they are not the STAR. They are not large enough for us yet, fit enough, rich enough or known enough. We assume their value based on their current ranking in society, yet overlook those who may be sparkling gems waiting to shine within our life. One whom could help us become more than who we were before. Gems are found in the rough. Don’t assume someone is not a phenomenal asset to your life, because they are not who you are, where you are or what you expect them to be. You never know whom they may become.
8. Live Life! Feed your soul daily with choices that support your inner growth, your spiritual health, your vitality! Living a life for anything less than this, is missing the point of life itself. Enjoy your 2015! Make it full! Make it well!